See, this is what happens when two nerds get married and have little boys.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Pensivity II

1. So many cute babies floating around right now! There's Kaden, Nora, Rachel... awwwwwww!

2. Come March, I'm going to pull a Cara and kick winter out of my house. A lot of people will probably laugh, being as this is an Alaskan household, but I HATE Utahn winters. Ugh. Dreariness embodied.

3. John McCain. I'm not looking forward to the rest of this election, folks. I'll support McCain-- I'd far rather it were him than Hillary or Obama-- but I'll find it hard to be enthusiastic. At least as long as I'm enjoying the internecine warfare over on the Dem's side, anyway. I imagine I'll settle down as soon as that's decided... won't I? I just can't get all excited over McCain. He's got some of the worst aspects of Bush, not to mention the fact that's he's "supremely vain", to quote Yuval Levin. He's great on foreign policy, at least as far as I can tell... but the man's a jerk. Not as much of a jerk as Giuliani, but still a jerk.

4. All my seeds should arrive before too long. What is politics compared to therapy that is gardening? The answer is, thankfully, not much in the U.S.A. The Constitution will still be there, no matter who wins in November. If someone screws up, that's why we have election, and (heaven forbid) impeachments. This is still a wonderful place-- no matter who sits in an ovoid-shaped office on the east coast.

2 comments:

Tiffany Webber said...

How sweet of you to pensively think about my little Kaden :) he's so sweet I love, love, love him!! I'm with you on Mccain. It's just so hard to support a guy that's a complete jerk, but look at our other options!

Amanda Walsh said...

Pyzam.com dearie, pyzam.com.