See, this is what happens when two nerds get married and have little boys.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

What Denise read and is reading this week...

I read Reckless Endangerment, by Gretchen Morgenstern and Joshua Rosner. Good book, if you like watching train wrecks. Reckless is about the 2008 crash. It explains how it happened, who was involved, and the trail of terrible decisions that led to the whole mess. And I don't even want to think about it. If you want to know what in the world happened, and don't mind being sickened by what you learned, by all means pick it up. It's a dang good piece of journalism in book form.
After that, I felt in need of something lighter, so I'm reading Thirteenth Child, by Patricia Wrede. She's been one of my favorites since I was 14. There's nothing heavy or earth-shaking or particularly enlightening, just some fun escapism. Which is nice after slow-mo train wrecks:).

No comments: